Postcode Children Trust promotes its own society lottery for the sole purpose of raising funds for the Trust in order to support children's chartities. The lottery is managed on behalf of the Trust by an external lottery manager, People's Postcode Lottery.
The Trust is committed to ensuring that the lottery is operated in a secure, fair and socially responsible way and to endorsing responsible gambling amongst its players. It expects its external lottery manager to have the appropriate processes in place to ensure that the objects outlined in the Gambling Act 2005 (listed below) and reffered to this policy, stand up to scrunity.
The Gambling Commission regulates gambling in the public interest. The regulatory framework introduced by the Gambling Act 2005 is based on three licensing objectives:
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime and disorder, being associated with source of crime and disorder, or being used to support crime.
- Ensuring that gambling and is conducted in a fair and responsible way.
- Protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
The policies below set out the Trust's approach to ensuring gambling activities are conducted in the appropriate way:
- Anti Fraud, Corruption and Bribery Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Policy.